Crimes are on the rise and often people resort to committing crimes out of mostly common reasons . It is not that all those who commit crimes are habitual but they turn towards crime due to compelling factors like for instance, to satisfy hunger. Committing crime is not a permanent solution nor it has a future.
Common Reasons For Committing Crimes
- Scarcity of food and lacking basic needs – Being poor and starved and lack basic needs , people resort to committing crimes so as to survive and also feed their family . Poverty and inadequate conditions drive people to such acts . Being in such conditions and unable to feed family especially if there are children , makes a person frustrated and finds no other way than to commit crimes in that situation.
- When pressurised by same age group – When the feeling of being pressurised by same age group , young persons do engage in crimes and do not realise that they have ended up in trouble. In such an age , they do not have that experience nor the wisdom that the compulsion by others of equal age would end them in trouble and end up being a criminal .
- Insufficient job opportunities – Many youths graduate but the competition to acquire job goes up rapidly and many become unemployed even after higher studies or graduating from different courses . This disappoints many who graduate and come out with the intention to get employed and earn but end up with nothing . When finding that there is no choice they then turn towards crime in such circumstances.
- Family problems – Family has a big influence in helping youths make right decisions. A child always prefers family to be bound by love and have peace within family . When family is together in all ups and downs , it also helps a child to approach their parents who helps them in making right decisions and also, influences their decisions. They get to know right and wrong decision with help from parents. When a child sees there is no peace within family , they do not feel like approaching any of their family member at times and get diverted to wrong path . Sometimes, children feel neglected when problems arise in family which makes the children take negative roads.
- Present social standards – The present social standards value money more than relationships which makes a person think about earning money in some way or the other. Then , a point comes when basic needs and desires are not having any borders and the desires also become requirements to them . The person then thinks of just being successful and earn more money somehow.
Committing crimes is not the solution when facing difficulty in one way or other . It is necessary to avoid doing any criminal acts . Life may be tough but going through the right path can make you successful in the long run . Success by doing crime is short-lived. There are always barriers in our journey of life and overcoming those hurdles with right decision and taking right road along with hardwork and determination makes you happy .